Telephone: +44(0)1326 371839
College: College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
Department: Camborne School of Mines
Research Centre/Unit: Economic Geology
"Targeting secondary copper deposits in the Troodos Massif, Cyprus"
I am researching the potential for using a weathered gossan overlying a mineral deposit as a tool for determining Cu grade of the underlying deposit, and to assess the potential for the formation of a supergene Cu deposit, based on the leaching characteristics of the gossan and primary orebody
- Ore genesis models (in particular VMS and porphyry) and their alteration characteristics
- Extensive university field experience with lithological, structural and alteration mapping, sampling -
- Characterisation of gold grains to determine the lode origin of alluvial gold.
- Geological mapping -Optical mineralogy -Teaching
- Report writing
- QA/QC for sampling and chemical analysis
- XRF analysis/interep
- XRD analysis/interep
- SEM/EDS analysis
- Can work a gold pan